Online BCA in General
Online BCA General program in Computer Applications
Offered By -8 Universities
Course Duration - 3 years
Get more information about
Online BCA in General
Fill in these details and unveil the power of Online BCA in General
Your Personal Data is safe with us.
Online BCA in General : Overview
Online BCA General is a 3-year bachelor’s degree program in Computer Applications offered in distance learning mode. This course provides students with in-depth knowledge and skills related to various aspects of computer applications like programming, database management, networking, analytics, and more.
The online BCA course is designed to impart theoretical and practical training to students and make them industry-ready computer professionals. Students learn various programming languages like C, C++, Java, etc., database management systems, operating systems, computer architecture, and other relevant topics. The curriculum focuses on building a solid foundation in computer applications, preparing graduates for a successful career in IT industry. The program also enhances analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills. With an online BCA degree, students can become programmers, software developers, system administrators, computer support professionals, etc.
Key highlights of Online BCA Genera
- The online BCA course is recognized by the Distance Education Bureau (DEB) of UGC as being equivalent to the regular BCA degree. This makes the qualification valid for higher education and jobs.
- Students get access to video lectures, study materials, virtual labs, and other e-learning resources, which facilitates effective learning through the distance mode.
- The course duration is a minimum of 3 years, which can be extended up to 6 years. This allows working professionals and learners to complete the course at their own pace.
- Students are taught programming languages like C, C++, Python, Java, etc., which are in high demand in the IT industry, thus improving their employability.
- The curriculum includes the latest subjects like data science, machine learning, cloud computing, IoT, cyber security, etc., which makes students industry-ready.
Eligibility Criteria For Online BCA General
The eligibility criteria to apply for an online BCA course is passing 10+2 or equivalent examination in any stream from a recognized school board. Students who have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects in their 10+2 are preferred by some universities. A minimum aggregate percentage of 45% to 55% in the qualifying exam is required by certain universities for admission. There is generally no age limit or entrance test for admission in online BCA courses.
Career Opportunities After Completion Of Online BCA General
Students can work as programmers or software developers in IT companies after gaining expertise in programming languages like Java, Python, C++, etc. There are many openings for developers in technology companies.
- They can work as system administrators or network administrators in organizations. System administrators install and maintain computer systems, while network administrators oversee the computer networks in companies.
- Graduates can find jobs as software testers responsible for testing software to identify bugs and flaws before launch. Testing is an integral part of the software development process.
- Online BCA graduates can work as database administrators in firms to maintain and secure databases storing company information. DBAs have an attractive career scope in the IT industry.
- Students can also work as computer support professionals to provide technical help and support to an organization’s computer users regarding software, network or hardware issues.
Other Specialization in Online BCA