Online BCA in Computer Science and IT
An online Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) degree in Computer Science and Information Technology (IT) is an undergraduate program that provides students with a strong foundation in computer science, programming, databases, networking, and other areas of information technology.
Offered By -8 Universities
Course Duration - 3 years
Get more information about
Online BCA in Computer Science and IT
Fill in these details and unveil the power of Online BCA in Computer Science and IT
Your Personal Data is safe with us.
Online BCA in Computer Science and IT : Overview
An online Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) degree in Computer Science and Information Technology (IT) is an undergraduate program that provides students with a strong foundation in computer science, programming, databases, networking, and other areas of information technology. This online course allows students to gain technical skills and knowledge without having to attend regular on-campus classes. The curriculum is designed to prepare students for careers in the growing field of IT.
The key objectives of the online BCA in Computer Science and IT program are to equip students with in-demand tech skills, give them practical experience through projects and internships, and prepare them for jobs or higher studies after graduation. By the end of the course, students will have proficiency in programming languages like C++, Java, and Python, will understand concepts like data structures, algorithms, and database management, and gain knowledge of the latest technologies like cloud computing, data science, cybersecurity, etc. The course will boost their aptitude in IT and make them industry-ready.
Key highlights Of An Online BCA in Computer Science and IT
- This online degree is recognized by UGC and approved by DEC. Students can study flexibly from anywhere at their own pace.
- It is an undergraduate program of 3 years duration divided into 6 semesters. The course fee ranges from Rs 1-1.5 lakhs for the entire course.
- The curriculum offers dual specialization in computer science and information technology, covering subjects from both domains. Students get to learn about software development, networking, and data management, as well as the latest technologies.
- Students will gain proficiency in languages like C++, Python, and Java and acquire hands-on skills in areas like data structures, algorithms, operating systems, database systems, etc.
- The minimum eligibility is 50-55% aggregate marks in 12th standard from a recognized board. Students from any stream - Science, Commerce, Arts can apply for admission into this course.
Eligibility Criteria For An Online BCA in Computer Science and IT
The eligibility criteria to apply for admission to the online BCA in Computer Science and IT course is that the applicant must have passed their 12th standard/higher secondary education from a recognized central or state board, securing a minimum aggregate percentage of 50-55% marks. There is no restriction on the stream chosen in 12th standard; students from Science, Commerce, or Arts backgrounds can all apply for this course. The only educational requirement is successful completion of the 10+2 level from any stream.
Career Opportunities After Completion Of An Online BCA in Computer Science and IT
- Software Developer: Design, develop, test, and maintain software applications and programs. Work closely with clients to understand requirements and deliver solutions. Can find work in IT companies, tech startups, etc.
- Data Analyst: Collect, process, and perform analysis on data using statistical models and programming. Identify patterns and trends to derive insights for business strategy and operations—high demand across many industries.
- Cyber Security Expert: Responsible for protecting computer systems, networks, and data from unauthorized access, cyber-attacks, and data breaches. Develop security standards, monitor systems for threats, and investigate cybersecurity breaches.
- Technical Support Engineer: Provide technical assistance and support to an organization’s IT infrastructure and systems. Troubleshoot problems, debug errors and provide solutions and recommendations. Can work in IT services, tech support, client-facing, or remote roles.
Other Specialization in Online BCA
Frequently Asked Queries
This is a 3-year long undergraduate level course divided into 6 semesters. Students can complete the course at their own pace, but the maximum duration allowed is 6 years.
The curriculum covers foundational computer science subjects like programming, data structures, algorithms, and operating systems. It also includes the latest technologies like cloud computing, data science, cybersecurity, IoT, web development, and more.
You can explore opportunities as a software developer, data analyst, web developer, cyber security expert, network engineer, and many more roles in IT companies, tech startups, and IT departments of organizations across sectors.
Yes, the online BCA degree is approved by UGC and recognized by DEC. It is at par with the regular on-campus BCA degree.
Admission is through online registration and application. You have to fill out the application form, upload documents, pay the fees, and then receive confirmation of admission from the university.