Part-Time M.Tech programs is an innovative master's program designed specifically for working professionals degree
Offered By - 4 Universities
Course Duration - 2 years
Course Eligibility - Minimum 50% aggregate marks in graduation
Get more information about Part-Time M.Tech
Fill in these details and unveil the power of Part-Time M.Tech
Your Personal Data is safe with us.
Part-Time M.Tech : Overview
Part-Time M.Tech is an innovative master's program designed specifically for working professionals who wish to pursue M.Tech without taking a break from their careers. It provides an excellent opportunity for technical graduates to continue working while studying to upgrade their knowledge and skills. The part-time model offers the flexibility to accommodate work schedules through evening or weekend classes.
Part-Time M.Tech enables professionals to advance their careers by gaining advanced theoretical knowledge and practical training without disrupting their job. The curriculum is on par with full-time M.Tech but adapted for working individuals through flexible delivery. The program structure makes it convenient for aspirants who need help to afford to give up employment for 2 years to pursue full-time M.Tech. Part-Time M.Tech allows them to earn while achieving a recognized M.Tech degree. It opens doors for career enhancement and higher positions for working engineers and technical graduates from streams like B.Tech, M.Sc, MCA, etc.
Part-Time M.Tech is usually designed as a 2 to 2.5 years program with classes scheduled during weekends or evenings. This allows working professionals to attend classes without taking leave from work. The eligibility is a B.Tech/BE degree for engineers, while M.Sc and MCA graduates from relevant streams can also apply. The program provides specialization options across branches like Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, etc., allowing students to gain expertise in their domain.
The curriculum incorporates advanced theoretical concepts aligned with industry needs and intensive practical training through lab sessions. Students get hands-on exposure to the latest tools and technologies. The program is approved by national bodies like UGC and AICTE, which makes the degree widely recognized. The course structure and delivery methodology are designed thoughtfully, keeping working professionals in mind. From eligibility criteria to class schedules and choices of specializations to holistic curriculum, each aspect facilitates working individuals to pursue M.Tech.
Part-Time M.Tech allows professionals to continue working full-time while earning an M.Tech degree. There is no need to take a career break or sabbatical. Students can study independently and manage job responsibilities and academics.
- Flexible schedule through evening/weekend
- Rigorous curriculum for in-depth technical expertise
- Access online learning resources and LMS portal
- Simultaneous industry exposure
- Recognized degree and opportunities (UGC/AICTE accepted by public and private sector companies for
- technical and managerial positions.)
- Dedicated placement assistance
- B.Tech/B.E. degree in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 50% aggregate marks in graduation
- Some experience in technical roles preferred by certain institutes
Course Academic Fee
The total fee for the 2-2.5 years Part Time M.Tech program ranges from 1-5 lakhs based on the college, specialization, and facilities offered. The part-time model is cost-effective compared to the full-time M.Tech.
The Part Time M.Tech program duration is 2-2.5 years divided into 4 semesters with weekend or evening classes to accommodate working professionals.
Job Opportunities after Part-Time M.Tech
Part-Time M.Tech opens up many job opportunities for graduates across sectors. Some top job profiles and work areas include:
- Core Engineering Roles: Graduate Engineer Trainee, Design Engineer, Project Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Quality Control Engineer, Plant Engineer, etc.
- R&D: Research Scientist, Research Analyst, Research Engineer, Design Researcher
- IT: Software Developer, IT Consultant, Software Engineer, Systems Analyst, Solutions Architect
- Automotive: Automotive R&D Engineer, Electric Vehicle Researcher, Automotive Design Engineer
- Electronics: Chip Designer, Embedded Systems Engineer, VLSI Designer, Telecommunications Engineer
- Management: Engineering Manager, Operations Manager, Project Manager, Technical Manager
- Academics: Assistant Professor, Lecturer in Engineering Colleges and Technical Institutes
- Government Organizations: ISRO, DRDO, IOCL, BHEL, NTPC, Public Sector Banks, etc.
Why Choose Part-Time M.Tech
Some top reasons to choose Part Time M.Tech are:
- Earn M.Tech without the need for a career break
- Schedule flexibility to manage work and studies
- Gain advanced theoretical and practical knowledge
- Opportunity for specialization through electives
- Utilize access to online study resources on the portal
- Upgrade skills to accelerate career growth
- Become eligible for higher positions and salary packages.
- Explore opportunities in R&D, Academics, Management, etc.
- Cost-effective and affordable compared to full-time M.Tech
Course Scope in India
- High demand across engineering industries - core, IT, electronics, automation, etc.
- Valued in R&D departments of reputed private companies
- Recruitment by prestigious technology PSUs and government organizations
- Academic opportunities in engineering colleges as faculty
- Positions in engineering and technical functions of public sector banks
- Private sector IT firms value M.Tech professionals for technical competencies
- Startups look for M.Tech graduates for product design and development
- Opportunities abroad in the engineering domain after gaining experience
Frequently Asked Queries
B.Tech/BE graduates are eligible to apply for Part Time M.Tech. Even M.Sc and MCA graduates can apply for specific specializations as eligibility criteria. A minimum of 50% aggregate mark is mandatory for graduation.
Graduates can explore opportunities in engineering firms, R&D departments, the IT industry, PSUs, banks, academics, etc. Both technical and managerial job roles are available.
GATE qualification is mandatory for Part Time M.Tech admissions in IITs and other prominent colleges. Many other institutes offer direct admission based on merit.
Part Time and full-timeM.Tech degrees are equivalent in stature as both are approved programs. The part-time model offers flexibility to working professionals.