Part-time B.Tech is a flexible engineering degree program designed for working professionals.
Offered By - 4 Universities
Course Duration - 3 years
Course Eligibility - 10+2 from a recognized board
Get more information about Part-time B.Tech
Fill in these details and unveil the power of Part-time B.Tech
Your Personal Data is safe with us.
Part-time B.Tech : Overview
Part-time B.Tech is a flexible engineering degree program designed for working professionals. This AICTE-approved course allows you to upgrade your diploma or earn an engineering degree while gaining industry experience. The curriculum covers core concepts and the latest developments across electrical, electronics, mechanical, computer science, and other domains. Virtual labs provide practical training. By the end of this program, you will have in-depth technical knowledge and hands-on skills for a successful engineering career. This course is ideal for diploma holders, B.Sc graduates, and polytechnic passouts looking to accelerate their careers.
This part-time B.Tech program provides a comprehensive understanding of engineering principles and their real-world applications. The core curriculum includes engineering mathematics, digital logic, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, database management systems, microprocessors, electronics devices, signal processing, machine design, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and other foundational topics. You can specialize in computer science, information technology, electronics, electrical, mechanical, or civil engineering through electives.
For example, computer science covers programming, networking, web technologies, cloud computing etc. Electronics and communication explores digital electronics, embedded systems, VLSI, wireless communication etc. Mechanical includes thermodynamics, manufacturing, machine design, mechatronics etc. The curriculum strikes the right balance between theory and practical knowledge. You work on real-world projects, case studies and experiments through virtual labs. The program equips you with in-demand technical skills and prepares for engineering careers.
Key highlights of part-time B.Tech course
- Earn B.Tech degree in just 3-3.5 years while continuing your job to gain work experience and income.
- Direct 2nd year entry for diploma holders saving time and cost compared to full 4-year B.Tech.
- Flexibility to choose between online live classes, weekend in-person classes or evening classes as per convenience.
- Self-paced learning model with access to recorded lectures allows revising concepts anytime.
- Get extensive hands-on training through virtual labs, real-world projects, and case studies.
- Curriculum is frequently updated to cover the latest developments, technologies, and skills in respective engineering domains.
- Option to specialize in high demand fields like computer science, electronics, electrical, mechanical engineering etc.
- Develop strong practical understanding of modern engineering tools, techniques, and methodologies.
- Graduates are equally eligible for PSU jobs like BHEL, ONGC, DRDO etc. just like full-time B.Tech.
- Prepares you for rewarding engineering careers in both public and private sector companies.
The eligibility criteria for part-time B.Tech course are:
- Completed 3-year diploma or polytechnic in engineering
- Minimum 50% aggregate marks in qualifying exam (relaxation as per norms)
Course Academic Fee
The tuition fee for part-time B.Tech ranges between INR 50,000 to 3 lakhs based on the university.
Part-time B.Tech can be completed within 3 to 3.5 years consisting of 6 or 7 semesters in total.
Part-time B.Tech opens up rewarding career paths including:
- IT sector jobs such as Software Developer, Programmer, System Analyst for managing software systems and applications.
- Technology companies hire Network Engineers, Cloud Engineers, and Database Administrators to manage infrastructure and systems.
- R&D organizations recruit Electronics Engineers, Embedded Systems Developers for designing and developing electronic systems.
- Power transmission companies employ Electrical Engineers, Control Systems Experts for grid management, automation and smart grids.
- Real estate and construction projects need Civil Engineers, Construction Managers, Site Supervisors for planning and execution.
- Manufacturing plants require Mechanical Engineers, Production Managers, Quality Analysts for operations management.
- Automobile firms hire Automotive Engineers, Design Engineers for designing, testing and developing vehicles and components.
- Product companies need Technical Support and Customer Success professionals for troubleshooting and technical guidance.
- Engineering colleges recruit candidates for Teaching and Research profiles like Professor, Scientist etc.
Why choose part-time B.Tech course
Key advantages of part-time B.Tech:
- Earn income while studying, get work experience and learn new skills simultaneously.
- Choose convenient schedules - online, weekend or evening classes as per needs.
- Self-paced learning model, recorded lectures allow revising concepts anytime.
- Gain practical knowledge through virtual labs, real-world projects and case studies.
- Learn latest developments, technologies through frequently updated curriculum.
- Build expertise in specialized skills like programming, networking, machine design etc.
- Affordable course fees, availability of education loans make it budget friendly.
- Graduates are eligible for PSU jobs just like regular full-time B.Tech.
- Prepares for rewarding engineering careers in various public and private companies.
- Placement assistance and alumni support provided by reputed institutes.
Course Scope in India
Abundant career opportunities for part-time B.Tech graduates in India:
- Rapid digitalization and growth of IT sector, technology startups across domains.
- Massive infrastructure and construction projects create demand for civil engineers.
- Manufacturing, automobile industry expansion as part of Make in India initiative.
- Innovation and R&D investment in aerospace, electronics, telecom and other sectors.
- Government mega projects like Smart Cities, Digital India, Skill India etc.
- Engineering services, maintenance and customer support roles.
- Colleges expanding requiring more teaching staff, professors for engineering subjects.
- Marketing, sales, pre-sales jobs in technology product companies.
- High demand for engineering talent in PSUs like NTPC, ONGC, BHEL, DRDO etc.
- Quality control, assurance and audit roles for mechanical, chemical engineers.
- Power, utility industry needs electrical engineers for transmission grids, renewable energy.
- Emerging technologies like AI, ML, IoT, Robotics require engineers for building innovative solutions.
Frequently Asked Queries
Yes, part-time B.Tech is approved by AICTE and is valid like full-time B.Tech if pursued from accredited institutes.
Yes, part-time B.Tech graduates are equally eligible for PSU jobs like BHEL, ONGC, DRDO etc. if you meet other criteria.